According to Tripadvisor’s Fall Travel Index, which references search and site data between September 1 and November 30, 2022 to reveal consumer travel trends, more than half (56%) of Americans plan to take a trip of at least four nights this falland Labor Day weekend is an easy time to do so.
Notably, the week of September 1-7 will be the busiest travel week of the entire fall season. Watch the roads especially on Friday September 2as it will be the most popular travel day.
To paint a picture of what holiday travel looks like this weekend:
Where to go ?
Top 10 US Destinations for Labor Day Weekend:
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- New York, New York
- Honolulu Hawaii
- Orlando Florida
- Myrtle Beach, SC
- Lahaina, Hawaii
- Chicago, Ill.
- Miami Beach, Florida
- Key West, Florida
- Nashville, TN
- Outside the United States, Cancun is the #1 international vacation destination for American Labor Day travelers weekends and fall in general. However, Nayarit, on the country’s scenic Pacific coast just north of Puerto Vallarta, tops the list for the strongest year-over-year growth for the long weekend.
- Top 10 US Destinations for Labor Day Weekend:
How will they get there?
- Despite the headaches of air travel this summer, nearly half (49%) of Americans plan to travel by air this fall and Labor Day is no exception!
- As Americans return to big-city getaways for Labor Day, major hubs across the country will be the busiest for the holiday weekend. This means that now is a good time for travelers to take advantage of smaller regional airports whenever possible for a seamless travel experience.
Why will they travel?
- Food and activities: When it comes to the most exciting parts of a trip, Americans’ top five choices are food (54%), activities (52%), followed by people and scenery tied in third position (48%) and the weather (40%).
Spend or save?
- Despite inflation, Americans plan to spend more on Labor Day travel plans than they did in 2021because travel remains a priority.
Tripadvisor, the world’s largest travel advice platform*, helps hundreds of millions of people every month** become better travelers, from planning to booking to travelling. Travelers around the world use the Tripadvisor website and app to find out where to stay, what to do and where to eat based on advice from people who have already been there. With more than a billion reviews and opinions on nearly 8 million businesses, travelers turn to Tripadvisor to find accommodation deals, book experiences, reserve tables at delicious restaurants and discover great places to stay. great places nearby. As a travel advisory agency available in 43 markets and 22 languages, Tripadvisor makes planning easy, no matter what type of trip.
Subsidiaries of Tripadvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) own and operate a portfolio of travel media brands and businesses, operating under various websites and applications, including the following websites:
www.bokun.io, www.cruisecritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.thefork.com, www.helloreco.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.housetrip.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.seatguru.com, www.singleplatform.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com and www.viator.com.
* Source: SimilarWeb, monthly deduplicated unique users, March 2022
** Source: Tripadvisor internal log files