DUBLIN, October 6, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The report “Global Embolotherapy Market 2021-2026” has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global embolotherapy market is expected to grow by $ 3.1 billion in 2021 to $ 4.3 billion by 2026 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.7% for the period 2021-2026.
The North American embolotherapy market is expected to grow by $ 1.1 billion in 2021 to $ 1.6 billion by 2026 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.9% for the period 2021-2026.
The European embolotherapy market is expected to grow from $ 923.7 million in 2021 to $ 1.3 billion by 2026 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1% for the period 2021-2026.
This report will focus on both embolic agents and supporting devices. These embolization devices are used in various indications such as oncology, nephrology, neurology, urology and vascular diseases. The report also describes the trends and dynamics affecting the market. The report also covers market projections to 2026 and presents company profiles. By geography, the market has been segmented into the following regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the rest of the world. For market estimates, data has been provided for 2019 as the historical year, 2020 as the base year and 2021 as the estimate year; and a market forecast has been given for 2026.
The report includes
- 31 data tables and 16 additional tables
- An overview of the global embolotherapy market with a focus on both embolic agents and supporting devices
- Market size estimation and global market trend analysis, with data for 2019, 2020, estimates for 2021, with projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGR) to 2026
- Highlights of Embolotherapy Market Potential, by Type, Indication, Procedure, End User, and Region
- A detailed description of the types, history, benefits and risks associated with embolization and coverage of the relationship between minimally invasive procedures and embolotherapy
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces impacting the market and analysis of the regulatory framework and industry product recalls
- Analysis of the market shares of key companies in the sector and coverage of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances and other key market strategies and relevant patent analysis
- Comprehensive company profiles of major industry players including Boston Scientific Corp., Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic Plc., Penumbra, Stryker Corp. and Terumo Corp.
Embolization is a minimally invasive procedure used for the treatment of various indications. Minimally invasive procedures are considered safe and are associated with reduced morbidity and mortality. For these reasons, there has been an increased demand for minimally invasive procedures such as embolization. In addition, it has been observed that with technological advancements there has been a growth of embolic agents and their use. The market has witnessed a dramatic shift in the use of embolic agents, from initial candidates such as autologous blood clots to newer agents such as microspheres, coils, gels and liquids. Compared to the 1990s, embolotherapy now encompasses a wide range of indications, and embolization has, through a series of technological advances, gained in importance. Indeed, with high quality microcatheters and microfilms, even the distal areas can be reached.
Embolotherapy is considered the first line of treatment for indications such as gastrointestinal bleeding, hemorrhage, etc. Procedures such as prostatic artery embolization, bariatric embolization, hemorrhoid embolization and the like have also gained prominence over time. For patients with hepatocellular carcinoma, embolization is considered the treatment of choice for patients awaiting transplantation. Apart from this, even in oncology, procedures such as radioembolization and embolization with drug eluting beads are increasingly common and are contributing to the growth of the market.
Some of the major players in this market are Boston Scientific, Medtronic, Stryker Corp., Terumo Corp., Merit Medical Systems, Cook Medical, and Johnson & Johnson. The market has also seen approvals for many embolic agents and support devices as well as large company mergers and acquisitions. All of these factors are positively contributing to the growth of the market. Some of the approvals obtained in 2021 include Terumo’s Azur Vascular Stopper and PG Pro Microcatheter Embolization System, which have been approved in the United States; Scitech Medical’s Embosoft microspheres have received CE mark approval; Embolx’s Sniper Occlusion Balloon was launched in Europe; and Shape Memory Medical’s Impede-FX embolization plug received PMDA approval.
Main topics covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Overview of Embolotherapy
- Types of embolic agents
- Permanent agents
- Temporary agents
- History of embolotherapy
- Benefits of embolization
- Risks of embolization
Chapter 4 Market Dynamics
- Market factors
- Growing demand for minimally invasive procedures
- Technological advances
- Growing prevalence of target indications
- Market constraints
- Lack of qualified interventional radiologists
- Complications associated with embolotherapy
- Market recalls
Chapter 5 Market breakdown by product type
- Market analysis
- Global Embolotherapy Market by Product Type
- Global Embolotherapy Market Shares by Product Type
Chapter 6 Market breakdown by indication
- Market analysis
- Global Embolotherapy Market Share by Indication
Chapter 7 Market breakdown by procedure
- Market analysis
- Global Embolotherapy Market Shares by Procedure Type
Chapter 8 Market Breakdown by End User
- Market analysis
- Global Embolotherapy Market Shares by End User Type
Chapter 9 Market Breakdown by Region
- Global Embolotherapy Market by Region
- North American Embolotherapy Market
- North America Embolotherapy Market by Product Type
- North American Embolotherapy Market by Indication
- North America Embolotherapy Market by Procedure Type
- North America Embolotherapy Market by End User
- European embolotherapy market
- European embolotherapy market by product type
- European market for embolotherapy by indication
- European Embolotherapy Market by Type of Procedure
- European Embolotherapy Market by End User
- Asia Pacific (APAC) Embolotherapy Market
- APAC Embolotherapy Market by Product Type
- APAC market for embolotherapy by indication
- APAC Embolotherapy Market by Procedure Type
- APAC Market for Embolotherapy by End User
- Rest of the World (RoW) Market for Embolotherapy
- Online Embolotherapy Market By Product Type
- Rest of the world market for embolotherapy by indication
- Online Embolotherapy Market By Procedure Type
- RoW Market for Embolotherapy by End User
Chapter 10 Competitive Landscape
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Key developments
- Global Company Share Analysis
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Embolotherapy market
Chapter 11 Company Profiles
- Acandis GmbH
- ABK Biomedical
- Baltic United States SARL
- Boston Scientific Corp.
- Medical cook
- Johnson & johnson
- Kaneka Corp.
- Medtronic Plc
- Merit Medical Systems Inc.
- Penumbra inc.
- Sirtex Medical inc.
- Stryker Corp.
- Terumo Corp.
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dv9r3d
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets