EAST MOLINE, Ill. (KWQC) – The East Moline Community Fund committee held an awards ceremony on Wednesday for approved funding for 15 local nonprofits. It took place at the Rust Belt.
“It’s really important, especially now more than ever, to really make sure we’re helping the people who really need it in the area,” said Jennifer von Kaenel, a certified fundraiser with the East Moline committee. “, and that’s why we do what we do.
The following organizations received funding:
- Child Abuse Council, $ 1,000 child protection program
- Children’s Therapy Center, $ 1,200 East Moline Children’s Therapy
- Dress for Success, $ 500 Career Center Support
- East Moline Main Street, $ 2,000 worth of tables and benches at Runner’s Park
- East Moline Soccer Club, $ 300 registration fee
- Gigi’s Playhouse, $ 500 Therapeutic and Educational Programs
- Glenview Middle School, $ 800 program support
- Habitat for Humanity, $ 1,000 in home repairs for residents of East Moline
- Homes and humility services, emergency shelter services of $ 1,500
- Junior Achievement of the Heartland, $ 750 East Moline Student Program Support
- Pregnancy resources, $ 500 early pregnancy tests and ultrasounds
- Rock Island Children’s Advocacy Center, $ 1,300 for forensic and advocacy interviews
- Spring Forward Learning Center, $ 2,500 education programs
- YMCA Two Rivers, $ 1,200 Ten Mentorship Program
- Youth Hope Christian Friendly, $ 2,000 Youth outreach programs
Over $ 17,000 in total was donated to the various organizations.
Copyright 2021 KWQC. All rights reserved.